Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2012

In Memoriam

This blog is dedicated to my Great Grandma Betty Graeff - Mimi's mom. 

Betty R. Graeff, 89 of Murphysboro, died at 3:50am on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 in Carbondale. Betty was born on December 13, 1923 in Ava, IL. a daughter to the late George W. and Burch C. (Easterly) Stout. Betty was united in marriage to Freeman Eugene “Gene” Graeff on January 17, 1943 in Jackson, MO., Gene survives of Murphysboro. Betty was a member of the First Baptist Church in Murphysboro; she taught Sunday school for over 40 years and was very active in the life of First Baptist Church. After she graduated High School she went to work for the Montgomery Ward company at their department store in Murphysboro. She later worked as a secretary for the Jackson County Mental Health agency in Murphysboro, and had also worked with her husband Gene at Bill & Gene’s Tom-Boy Grocery store in Murphysboro.

Great Gma Betty, we'll miss and love you forever!

On Saturday, December 15th we hosted our Ugly Sweater Christmas party.  You'll notice I rocked out my sweet KU tee in honor of the party's theme.  We had a fun white elephant gift exchange where us kids got a book or toy and the adults got something crappy.  Mom spent a fair amount of time holding Heidi Stephan.  I guess she was practicing for Baby Bro.

I stayed up past my usual bedtime that night and was in no mood to get out of bed that morning so just lounged around with my toys until about 8:30.

After I finally got up and going, I headed out to see Great Gma Dard.  You'll notice I picked out my Christmas jammies for the occasion.

Monday night BobBob dropped by to head to the Christmas Brass concert at church.  Avery and Mae were there too and I think they enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thursday, 12/20, was the first snow and we had a Christmas party at school.  Besides filling up on snow, I also had lots of candy that didn't make it onto my gingerbread house.  Afterwards we opened presents that stayed at school for us to play with.

Here's my work of art that I got to take home and eat.

Friday morning was a pancake breakfast at school.  Dido was dad's stand in since he headed to Murphysboro.   

That night we went to BobBob's to have a slumber party.  I got to eat some more snow, then played jump on BobBob before putting on my PJs and having a snack.  The next morning I stayed in my jammies until late in the morning.

Saturday morning I went to the children's museum.  I played with golf balls, and baby dolls, and big blocks before coming home.

When I got home, BobBob had built me my very own Frosty (love that movie by the way)!!!  And then I ate some more snow befoe getting a real slushy.

** On a side note, I'm happy the world didn't end.  Santa brought me a lot of presents and I'd hate to have missed out opening all those big packages.  I didn't see my black pony under the tree, but I'm hopeful Santa won't let me down.


Post a Comment