Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well you probably thought I was still stuck in Thailand in the hospital...

Last I left off, it was Friday, January 13th and it did not end up being my lucky day in terms of getting to go home.  The doctor came by after lunch and said I still had about 30% congestion in my lungs.  She said I could go home, but if it were her kid she would keep her one more night.  That swung the decision.  After a good afternoon nap, Gma and Gpa snuck us out of the hospital to go have dinner at a sandwich shop across the street to get mom and me a change of scenery.

After dinner I had another breathing treatment.  Old hat by now and I've come to realize 1) crying will do no good and 2) it makes me feel better.  On top of that, I had another one at 2:30 in the morning that I completely slept through.  In the morning, I had another crappy suction treatment.  Then Yai Pom came to hang out until I was released and to drive me home.  Unfortunately, we didn't get to go home until almost 3pm so she took a morning snooze with me.  I also finally got my IV "mitten" taken off.   I think the nurses were a little sad to see me go, but I couldn't wait to get out of there.

When I got back to the condo dad was waiting for me!  I missed him almost as much as mom who even shed a few tears when she saw him.  Our last day of vacation was spent relaxing at Yai Pom's house.  The whole family got together for a lunch time meal.
While I napped, Mom, Dad, BobBob and Uncle Dave went to get a foot massage during which they scraped all of dad's callouses off his feet.  Pretty gross, but you can see the foot dandruff he left behind.

For dinner, some of us headed to a sushi place.  Seems like a ridiculous number of plates for the number of people sitting at the table.  Uncle Dave said he'd hate to be the dish washer at the place.  After dinner, we said our goodbyes to the family.

We got up on Monday, January 16th and headed to the airport.  I had my last car ride out of a car seat.  I'll miss getting to hop all around the car.  We hung out in the business class lounge (thanks Pa Ad!) before the long flight home.  I did very well, sleeping 7 hours on the longest leg (a 10 hour flight). 
Once home, I quickly got reacquainted with the doggies and my toys.   
This gave mom some good ideas about how to handle timeout.


I am getting over my jet lag and only sleeping 6 or 8 hours a night which is hard on mom and dad.  Luckily Mimi and Donna have been available to come watch me during the days before I transition back to school.  We also went to the doctor on Wednesday to make sure I was recovering as expected.  Doc gave me a clean bill of health and said I sounded great.  We went ahead and did my 18 month checkup a few weeks early.  I've lost some weight since being measured right before the trip, but no concerns.  I now weigh in at 19lbs 7ozs, am 30inches tall, and my head is in the 70th percentile.  Funny thing is my cousin Paige who is a year younger than me outweighs me by a few ounces. 


Post a Comment